Female, #9073, (circa 1834 - 1872)
|Name-AltSpell|| ||This surname is sometimes spelled Culpepper. |
|Birth*||circa 1834 ||Mary was born at Lunenburg, Worcester Co., Massachusetts, circa 1834.4 |
|1840 Census||1 Jun 1840 ||Mary was probably a free white female, age 5 and under 10, in Alleyne Culpeper of Barbados and USA's household, on the 1840 Census on 1 Jun 1840 at Chesterfield, Burlington Co., New Jersey.5 |
|Death of Father||1847 ||Her father Alleyne Culpeper of Barbados and USA died in 1847 at Demerara, Guyana. |
|Travel*||7 Aug 1848 ||She and Julia Augusta Culpeper of Bordentown, NJ arrived on 7 Aug 1848 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania, from From Rum Key, Bahamas.4 |
|Married Name||say 1853 || As of say 1853, her married name was Fouler.6 |
|Marriage*||say 1853 ||She married John P. Fouler at New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, say 1853.1,6 |
|Birth of Son||circa 1861 ||Her son Alleyne Culpeper Fouler was born circa 1861 at New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.7 |
|Birth of Son||Jul 1867 ||Her son Percy L. Fouler was born in Jul 1867 at New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.8 |
|Death*||1872 ||She died in 1872.2 |
- Cunningham's History of Lunenburg, .
- Culpeper of Barbados Pedigree.
- E-mail written 1999 - 2002 to Lew Griffin from Piet Culpeper Bess, Berkeley, CA, e-mail address (no longer active).
- National Archives, compiler, Philadelphia Passenger Lists, 1800-1945, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Travelled from Rum Key, Bahamas on the Huntress arriving on 7 Aug1848 in Philadelphia: Andrew McKinsey (40 M Merchant), Andrew McKinsey (10 M), Mary Culpeper (14 F), and Julia Culpeper (10 F). The McKinseys were citizens of Demarara and the Culpepers citizens of the USA.
- 1840 Federal Census, United States.
Page 352, Genealogy.com images 3-4, Chesterfield Twp, Burlington Co., NJ
Alleyne Culpepper, 1 M10-15, 1 M40-50, 1 F0-5, 2 F5-10, 1 F10-15, 1 F30-40.
- Secretary of State, Division of Archives, Records Management and History, Vital Records Indices. Baton Rouge, LA State of Louisiana, compiler, New Orleans, LA Birth Records Index, 1790-1899Ancestry.com.
"Auguste Fowler (F), born to John P. Fouler and Mary Culpepar, 4 Nov 1864."
- 1880 Federal Census, United States.
Bordenton, Burlington Co., NJ, ED 1, Page 28C
Lucretia Culpepper, Head, F, S, W, 39, MA/Domorah/NY, Keeping House
Alleyne C. Fowler, Nephew, M, , W, 19, Orleans/MD/MA
Percy L. Fowler, Nephew, M, S, W, 13, Orleans/MD/MA.
- 1900 Federal Census, United States.
11 Walnut Street, Bordenton, Burlington Co., NJ, ED 4, Page 7B
Lucretia Culpeper, Head, F, Dec 1843, 56, S, MA/South America/South America
Kate Culpeper, Sister, F, Aug 1845, 54, S, MA/South America/South America
Percy L. (Illegible), Nephew, M, Jul 1867, 32, S, New Orleans/MD/MA, Architect
Albert H. Livingston, Boarder, M, Mar 1818, 82, Wid, PA/NY/MA, Capitalist.