Dr. William Francis Culpeper of Barbados1
Male, #9107, (24 Aug 1783 - )
|DNA*|| ||From DNA and genealogical evidence we conclude that Dr. William Francis Culpeper of Barbados is a member of the International branch whose most recent common ancestor is either William Culpeper of Hunton and Wigsell, or the Rev. William Culpeper of Barbados. |
|Name-AltSpell|| ||This surname is sometimes spelled Culpepper. |
|Birth*||24 Aug 1783 ||William was born at Barbados on 24 Aug 1783.2 |
|Baptism||16 Dec 1783 ||He was baptized at Saint Thomas, Barbados, on 16 Dec 1783.3,2 |
|Marriage*||16 Sep 1813 ||He married Martha Jane Layne of Barbados at Saint Joseph, Barbados, on 16 Sep 1813 at age 30.3 |
|Birth of Son||circa 1819 ||His son Dr. William Moe Culpeper of Barbados and England was born circa 1819 at Saint Joseph, Barbados. |
|Birth of Son||4 May 1823 ||His son Francis Culpeper of Barbados was born on 4 May 1823 at Saint Joseph, Barbados.4,5 |
|Birth of Son||before 19 Sep 1825 ||His son Alleyne Culpeper of Barbados was born before 19 Sep 1825 at Saint Joseph, Barbados. |
|Will*||1828 ||He made a will in 1828.1 |
|Biography*|| ||Died from a horse fall on Blackman's Gully. |
- Culpeper of Barbados Pedigree.
- Joanne McRee Sanders, compiler, Barbados Records: Baptisms, 1643-1800, Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Pub. Co,, 1984, Repository: LDS Family History Library - Salt Lake City, Call No. 972.981 K29s.
- Church of Latter Day Saints, compiler, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Intellectual Reserve, Inc..
- National Archives, compiler, Philadelphia Passenger Lists, 1800-1945, Online database at Ancestry.com, 2006.
Travelled from Barbados on the Henry G. King, arriving on 9 Dec 1844 in Philadelphia in route to New Jersey: Francis Culpeper (22 M), Merchant, Emily R. Culpeper (22 F), Emily Culpeper (11/12 F) Amelia F. Gaskin (24 F).
- E-mail written 1999-2008 to Lew Griffin and Warren Culpepper from Ian George Colepeper (#36386), South Africa, (deceased 2008).